Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My poor baby

Bella has a slight ear infection. She never once pulled at her ears, I had no clue, I feel so bad. As a mom, you feel like you should know these things. I didn't. No wonder she is cranky! Yesterday was rough, she was really unhappy and was letting her mama know. Not only did she have the ear infection, she also got her second dose of the flu shot. I couldn't do anything for her and I think that is what frustrated me the most. Joe was in a meeting most of the day so we were on our own. My poor baby. I felt guilty but I was in such a need of a break, that I sat her down with some toys (still screaming) and went into our bedroom and threw myself on the bed and laid there in the dark. I needed to gather my wits and my sanity. Don't worry, I was only gone for 30 seconds tops, don't call child services on me. I also ate a bunch of cookies....those helped me too. heehee The dr. gave use some antibiotics so I'm hoping that my Bella Boo gets some relief pretty soon. I'm also glad that there was a reason she was acting so crabby and that this wasn't just her new personality, that would suck. We have a follow up appointment next week to make sure she's getting better. Get well sweetie!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Call CPS? Heck no! You made the best decision for you & Bella. If you would have stayed there tense you would have made her more upset. You're a good mama!

And babies don't pull on their ears. I thought Cameron had an infection (he pulled on his ear) & the dr. said I was crazy. Ok not those exact words but I knew what he meant.


xoxooxo

Brenda said...

Awww, I hope she gets better soon. You're not a bad momma hun, it's not easy to tell what's wrong with your baby right away, but you knew something was wrong with her and you acted on it. I'm sure Bella will be back to her happy self soon. :)