Monday, March 2, 2009

The past fews days...

Have been horrible....except for yesterday which I will get to in a bit. Wednesday I was totally fine, not a cough or a sniffle to be heard. I go to bed that night and am hit with the worst body aches I have ever had (from a sickness, labor was way worse). I.could.not.sleep.for.shit. Every part of me ached and finding a comfortable position was impossible. I spent Thursday in bed, watching movies between drug induced naps. I <3 dayquil. Friday, I moved to the couch some, it was a nice change of scenery and thats when some coughing/goose honking started. Saturday, I felt a bit better even though my head was now the victim of a large ball rolling around in it whenever I looked up, down or turned it side to side. We went to Target and that wore me out...I took a loooong and much needed siesta. Joe, bless his little heart, took care of me and Bella like a champ.

Sunday: I was so glad to be feeling better because Bella and I had a big day planned. We went down to Griffith Park in L.A. to have a playdate with Matt and Maddy and a few of the other blog readers. Now this is not something I would normally do. I don't hop right into going places alone to meet people I haven't actually met in "real life"...I get shy in those situations and even though I may want to go (badly) I end up backing out if I don't have a buddy to take with me. This time, I decided that was not going to happen. I was going NO MATTER WHAT. Bestie Jenn couldn't make it down and the hubby had other plans so Bella and I were on our own. We left a bit early to give us plenty of time to get lost (which we did) and find our people. I was nervous because for about 20 minutes, I saw no one that looked familiar. I only knew what Matt, Maddy and Alaina (ms.singlemama) looked like from the blog and I wasn't seeing anyone who looked like them. I was so bummed and afraid that I was going to miss the play-date. Luckily, a couple saw me aimlessly wandering and came to my aid. They too were waiting for Matt and Maddy. We decided after Bella's lunch we'd go look together. And what do you know? We found 'em! It was so SO awesome to finally meet Matt and Maddy (and ms.singlemama and her son Benjamin). Matt is such a funny, cool, and sweet guy and Maddy was just adorable. I just think he is amazing and what he has been doing for others is incredible. I will put up the pics soon. I also met many other fabulous people that I sincerely hope turn into friendships. Bella loved playing with all the other kids, she even shared her toys...err, kinda. I was only supposed to be there til 5:30 pm but ended up staying til almost 6:30 pm (which freaked the hubby out seeing as how he wasn't able to reach me, eek) when it got dark and we all decided that even though we didnt want it to, the playdate was over. It was a great day and a super fun experience for both Bella and I. I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Growing Up Cameron said...

We have a zoo out here too!

Meet us & I'll buy you a churro. :D

Brenda said...

Awww I'm sorry to hear you got so sick, but I'm glad you are feeling better :) Good for you that you went to the play date and I'm glad to hear you and Bella had a great time.