Monday, March 9, 2009

On the Move

Move the furniture, move the stuff on the table, and keep your eye on the baby! Bella has done it! My daughter is now a crawler...(insert scary music here) lol Joe called me on Wednesday and informed me of the new trick that she had learned. We thought it was going to be soon, as she had just started to scooch around on her belly to get places. She looks so cute doing it too. She's like a high stepping horse with her arms all stiff and high when she gets going, I love it. She also pulls herself up...using me, Joe, the couch, whatever neccessary to get up on those feet. I have a big ass smile on my face as I watch her do all this new stuff but at the same time I wonder where my baby went? I know she's still a baby but not like she was. It's just gone by so fast. It's been wonderful but too fast! I was holding an 8 day old baby on Saturday night and just couldn't fathom that Bella was ever that small. It seemed impossible. That's why I just enjoy her as much as possible because I know that I will never get this time back. The naps together on the couch, the discovery of her little feet and hands, her first real laugh...they are all priceless memories that I will cherish forever. I guess it just makes me sad that instead of living them, I will be looking at videos, pictures, or just my own thoughts and she will be all grown up before I know it. I swear I blinked and she's 7 1/2 months old. But I don't think that wat too often, gotta live in the moment right? Right!

Anywho, new subject. I.Hate.Daylight.Savings. Losing an hour of sleep just sucks. It ain't right, I tell you, to mess with my sleep. I was exhausted yesterday (maybe that also had something to do with being hungover but still hehe). And this morning? It was still dark when I got up! How rude! I know in a week I'll be fine but I still hate it. Curses to you daylight savings time, curses!

Another new subject:We went to Bestie Geana's adorable daughter Tessa's first birthday on Saturday and had such a good time. I haven't seen Bestie G since Bestie Jenn's beautiful wedding back in October nor had I seen her all preggo or had we seen her hubby since her first baby shower last February so needless to say, I was so excited. It was a Hello Kitty theme and it was a gorgeous, gorgeous day. Good food, great friends, best day in awhile. Tessa really loved her delish cake and got an incredible amount of gifts, that girl is set for toys and clothes for a long time. It was so awesome to get to see them and my other friends and just chat, laugh , and enjoy the day. We got the UFC fight later, so we got to spend some extra time with them and my other two Besties (Lisa and Jenn) so that was great. I got a bit tipsy after putting Bella Boo to bed and was not feeling to great yesterday but I regret nothing :) I recovered yesterday (Bella and I lounged around the house) and then met up with Geana and fam later on that night. It went later then I had imagined earlier in the day but I didn't care. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with G.

It was a fabulous weekend but I am utterly exhauasted and could use a nice, long nap.

2 comments:

Sammi said...

Good job Bella! Keep 'em on their toes. Pots and pans make a great noise when you throw them on the floor, now you can go and get the food from under the high chair! Zoey throws half of her Cheerios under there so she can go and eat them later. Three second rule HA! Three day rule!

Growing Up Cameron said...

Crawling already?! I wonder if she can find her way to AZ. Hmmmm