Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here I go again!

While I was pregnant, I ate what I wanted. This meant anything sweet. Cookies and ice cream were favorites but I didn't discriminate. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and thought, "I'll think about it after I have her." Well, fast forward 8 months (on Saturday) and after is here. Actually, it's like after, after. I am at my pre-preggo weight which is not to be confused with my pre-pre-preggo weight. Let me explain: Joe and I were trying to get pregnant to no avail. After the third unsuccessful month (not too long, I know, but felt like forever to us: sperm+ egg= baby right?) Bestie Jenn suggested that maybe I was exercising too hard and that I might want to consider toning it down. So I did, but I went to the extreme and just quit so I gained a few pounds. The next month I got pregnant. Bella thanks you for that by the way Jenn :) Anywho, the point is this: I did lose the weight without really trying. I hope to god that doesn't sound like boasting because I know that I got lucky and totally appreciate it. I eat ok,not too much junk and sporadically exercise. I just never got motivated. Til yesterday.

Yesterday I got up and a few hours into my day decided that I wanted to do my 30-day Shred tape. This is how it usually starts. I get a wild hair up my butt, exercise for a day or two along with eating better and then I fizz out. As I was exercising (in my sports bra and work out pants, ahh!) and in plank pose, my eyes happened to wander down to my belly. Holy.Crap. There it was in all it's stretched out glory. It was on from then. I decided right then and there that my belly was on it's way out. Along with all the other weight that decided to settle in places it wasn't invited to, how rude right? I am officially on a diet and will be exercising 6 days a week with one rest day (Sunday). My goal is to be nice and fit by Bella's first birthday in July. I can do it....right? I'll post in here how I'm doing. Maybe that will also keep me motivated.

Summertime here I come!

2 comments:

Growing Up Cameron said...

Woo hoo for determination!

You’re doing better than I am. While at Target I saw a girl picking out some weights. I thought “hmm I need some weights too.” Then trotted off to the candy aisle.

Toblerone is the devil!

Sarah said...

Good For U... Ill stick to my mooo-moooooo's lol... AND How in the heck where u preggo thru the summertime? I thought I was going to melt away yesterday! NOT COOL! Sheesh....