Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jingle Bells

I love Christmas. For those that know me, it is my favorite holiday. Christmas carols, trees, Santa, presents (giving and getting), misteltoe, christmas lights, I love it all. This year is extra special though, it is my daughter (it is still mind blowing to me that I have a daughter!) Bella's first Christmas. She's only five months old but we still shopped carefully, wrapped her gifts, even though we will be the ones to open them, and placed them under our tree. We have a tradition of getting an ornanment made every year that we have been together. This year was our ninth ornanment and it is by far my favorite. It is three snow people, a mommy, a daddy and they are holding a baby. It has each one of our names and under them it says proudly "Hullings Family First Christmas 2008" and I have to say it makes my heart swell everytime I look at it. Even though times are hard right now, I remind myself of all that I have. My fam, my friends, my health and my familie's health, a home, a job...and so much more. Tis the Season to be Jolly friends, and that's what I'm going to be. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

JennB said...

It's Jingle Bell time year round for you dork. I can't wait to see the ornament on Saturday. YES WE'RE COMING DOWN ON SATURDAY!!!

Brenda said...

Great post. It is indeed a very Jolly time :) You should post a pic of the ornament.