Thursday, April 21, 2011

Miss Boo and the Terrible Two's.

Little girls. There isn't anything sweeter...or insane. I love my daughter more then life itself. Period. There isn't a but coming with that sentence. That said, my daughter also has the ability to make me want to stab myself in the neck with whatever is closest (barbie shoe, plastic vegetables, oooo a marker! etc).

She has the inate ability to change emotions at the drop of a hat. Cracked-out Britney Spears ain't got nothin on my kid. One second everything is peachy keen and the next there is t-rex like shrieking, body bucking, and oh-my-god who is killing that child pandimonium. All because I won't draw her a purple flower right that moment or she can't get her shoe off (or on) or we have to leave a friend's house. I, like an idiot, try to reason with the crazy person in midst of the tantrum. It doesn't work. Then I yell. It doesn't work. Nothing seems to work and at times, I feel like the worst parent ever.

She's 2 and half. She has a vocabulary like you wouldn't believe and is very smart (if I do say so myself) but I have to remember that emotionally she is 2 and half. This is what they do. Patience is the name of the game and sometimes it is in short supply.

She is my sunshine though. A person who has my heart in her hands always and can make me smile with all the funny things she says and does. The "I love you mamas" and the snuggles and kisses just because. She lights up when I walk into the room and throws her arms around me while yelling how much she missed me. It's indescribable to put into words how good that makes you feel.

Being a parent is hard. Being a parent to a toddler is hard. But it is worth it. Even if I am getting many lines and gray hairs in the process.

She's crazy and she's all mine. And I am thankful.

P.S. Someone told me that age 3 is WORSE THEN AGE 2. Where is that marker?!

No comments: