Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trying to catch up

Ok, ok, it's official: I suck at blogging. It's been almost a month since I last posted....bad Tricia. No reason really...I've been a bit busy: I blog at work because at home I don't have the time unless Bella is sleeping and then I have to catch up on all the other things I need to do, like watch my recorded General Hospitals, ahem, I mean do laundry and clean the house. So this poor blog gets neglected and I get instant messages from my little sister harassing me about my inability to keep this thing updated. Jerk. :D

So what's been going on this past month? Why, I'd love to fill you in!

Chrissy-poo and fam were here from March 26th to May 13th. I finally got to meet Hanna-poo and Chrissy got to meet Bella. It was so awesome! Hanna is even more beautiful in person. I tried to spend as much time as possible with them. We went to the San Diego Zoo with the kids and the hubbies and had a great time. I wish they didn't have to go back but I know they will be back home for good soon and I can't wait!

Bella: Growing like a weed. She had a dr. appointment on the 12th of May and is 18.9 pounds and 29 inches tall. Good lord that child is long! Doc says that she is still a bit tall for her age and that she is super healthy. Exactly what I like to hear. Bella took her first steps on April 27th! She took them for my mother-in-law (another reason it kills me to have to go to work but those are my issues) and then delightedly repeatedly them for Joe and I. She's getting more and more confident and I think she'll be walking or running around soon. Good thing we got that baby jail! She's trying to say annie, our dog's name and has several meanings for "BA!" Her book, her bottle and her ball. But you always know which one she wants. She amazes me with how smart she is. You can ask her "Bella, where is the big, red doggie?" And she will go and get her Clifford the Big Red Dog book and thump it. Unless you're at Bestie Jenn's, then she makes you look like a liar. She has the best personality and thinks that everyone is her friend. Don't take her anywhere if you want it to be quick. She says hi to everyone. Love her. Bella also likes to bite my feet and can hardly get her mouth on my foot before she dissolves in hysterical laughter. I made the mistake of squealing in surprise the first time she did it so she tries to do it all the time. Crazy kid.

My sister had her baby shower and it went really well if I do say so myself. They are really loved by so many amazing people and were given so many great gifts. I was so happy and am so grateful to everyone. We played some games, ate yummy food and just chit chatted with friends and family, all there to celebrate my nephew's impending arrival. Speaking of that: My sis was given a date to induce, June 7th, 2009 but we're all hoping (esp. her) that he comes sooner. I can't wait to meet my nephew! Little sister also turned 23 on the 12th and got engaged! I'm so happy for her!

My little brother found out he's having a little boy and is thrilled beyond belief. Ryder Joshua is his name and I can't believe I'm going to have 2 more nephews this year! I say 2 more because two of my bestie's are having boys too!

Actually, one bestie had her baby early! Russell Gunner (Mr. Gunn as I like to call him) was born on April 29th, 2009 (the day before her and her twin sister's 25th birthday) after 4 1/2 hours of labor and 10 minutes of pushing...don't you want to punch her?? She's so having my next baby. Mama and baby are great and gorgeous. I'm anxious to meet the lil fella.

I fell off the diet wagon right after my pat myself on the back post went up but luckily I haven't gained too much of the 3 poundies back. I'm trying to jog on my days off but it's so goddamn hot that I have to do it super early or melt like the wicked witch. So my happy ass is up at 5:30 am, huffin and puffin around my neighborhood after I have spent ten minutes convincing myself to get up. I've gone twice...I need new shoes, my old ones are so not working for me anymore. But I actually enjoy myself. It's really peaceful. The sun isn't up and there aren't a lot of people driving around. It's the only way to get the belly pooch off but I really love sleep. We'll see how this goes.

My nephew baby B turned 1 on the 11th and so did Miss Kennedy! I didn't make it to her birthday party on the 9th but heard is was a nice day. Baby B had his party the same day and we all went to Chuck E Cheese. I hadn't been there in so long, that place is really expensive! After a few hours there, we went back to grandma and grandpa's for swimming, cake and presents. Bella fell out of the pool and we both cried but she was ok. Baby B had a great birthday. I can't believe he's 1 already!

Bestie Jenn's niece turned 1 on Monday, so a happy birthday shout out is in order: Happy Birthday Zoey! All these babies turning one so fast, including Bella Boo who's birthday is coming up so fast I can hardly stand it.

We went and saw Bestie Jenn and her hubby last Saturday and that was nice. They made us lunch and Jenn and I went to our favorite place, Target, and wandered around happily for an hour. It's nice to be out without a baby sometimes. Especially if I am out with someone so great. :)

Oh! I learned something very important that Saturday night: DO NOT DRINK BARTELS & JAMES WINECOOLERS!!! Some things are best left in high school. Ick.

Ok, I mostly caught up...I think. If I missed anyone or anything, I apologize....my brain was being nice letting me remember this much. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Sarah said...

so true you do suck at blogging but id like to think when Blake gets here Ill be a slacker too... thanks for the update... and the baby shower it was great!